Monday, February 12, 2007

[Something Witty]

Just like getting to work, blogging is a difficult enterprise on Mondays. Especially when my weekend is comprised of analyzing a job advertisement and beating my head against [insert random solid objects] trying to force inspiration to open its bowels. I think I may have succeeded, though, as at least one poem came out that B approved of, and I have another festering.

Backstory: when I was youngish (10-14), I wanted to be a meteorologist. However, upon visiting the local weather station, the weatherman told me that I’d need four classes of thermodynamics and two classes of upper-level calculus. I loathe advanced math. Jump to the future, and I’m getting an MBA this spring. Also, The weather forecast over the next two days / nights: rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow. If you spot me thunder and hail (plus a nifty super-weather computer), I could be a meteorologist. The moral of this story: weathermen lie about everything.

Not only do I have a quasi-obsessions with the weather, but B commutes 1 ¾ hour each way to school on Monday and Wednesday. So for two days a week I salute global warming (in winter anyway).

People at work often pass around coupons and, somehow, I was included in the circle. Probably because my weekly exploits to the grocery store, where I proceed to purchase innumerable items that aren’t on the list, are stories of lore. This morning, however, I actually took some coupons from the coupon envelope. Is $6.50 in savings actually worth how old I feel?

-j

5 comments:

Rachel Mallino said...

so, does that mean you wanted to be a professional liar?

Do the people in WV freak out when an inch of snow falls on the ground like the people in VA do?

I'd be interested in hearing what Jason brings home from the grocery store. I picture you to be a sugary cereal kinda guy.

Jason and Brandy said...

It wasn't the case that I wanted to be a liar; I was too innocent (and still am, thank you) to think such thoughts.

No, people don't freak out too much about the snow here, especially in the southern part of the state. It doesn't bother me at all since I went to undergrad in Athens, WV, which got it fair share of the elements. Still, the store was packed tonight.

You'd be surprised what I get: tons o' healthy meals, fresh meat, and then just a lot of oddities: flavored teas (for B), some special dark chocolate bars, some flavored olive oil for dipping fresh bread, etc. I'm an extremely eclectic, expensive shopper. B hates it sometimes because I refuse lists.

-j

Jason and Brandy said...

Don't let Jason deceive you!

He is so the sugary cereal kind of guy. He's hardcore about chocolate too.

Rachel Mallino said...

I knew it!

=P

Jason and Brandy said...

What Brandy fails to note is that the chocolate I bought was for her. And while my nature may be for sugary cereal, I haven't bought any for me in ages.

-j