Friday, April 27, 2007

First thing I want to do is congratulate Daya on his recent good news. He knows what I mean. My gifts to him:


"Memories of Paradise"






And, of course, some Pez:




I can hear the profanity from here. And I didn't even mess up the homonyms.


* * *

I apologize for the lack of entries this week. My boss has been out of the office the entire week, so I’ve been forced to keep things afloat by myself. Of course I’ve succeeded, but that means I have less time to piddle.

* * *

Yes, piddle makes me sound like I’m 80. That’s okay b/c I am at heart (and hairline).

* * *

One more MBA class, and I’m through with my formal business education forever. Yes, there will be certifications more than likely, but the only inane professor I’ll have to deal with will be myself. And even though I loathe myself some days, I loathe myself much less than others. That’s called self-esteem.

B & I are going to my parents this weekend. I’m playing in a golf scramble, and we’re celebrating the above MBA graduation. No, I’m not walking in the ceremony. Rather than having a separate graduation ceremony for all Masters students the day before the main graduation ceremony like last year, they’re having Masters students walk with their undergraduate counterparts according to school on the main graduation day. I can’t begin to describe how stupid and even insulting this is for Masters students who deserve a little recognition of their own. But, as luck would have it, I am scheduled to golf that day as well.

* * *

I’ve just about received all open submissions back to me in one form or another. So I declare next weekend (after the golf scramble) Great Revisionist Weekend. I’ll rewrite some history while I’m at it – just like an English major.

Thank you for dropping by, patriots.

-j

4 comments:

Jason and Brandy said...

So are you saying I'm not an inane professor then?

Huh? Huh?

B

Rachel Mallino said...

J,

huge congrats!!!!!!! BTW, did you read any Vonnegut, yet?

Anonymous said...

B? Cover your eyes. You're not going to like the word I use in a minute.

J?

.....
.....
.....
*proceeds to laugh his ass off*

YOU CUNT.

...the next time something happens to you that I can exploit, I am making you my *bitch*.

Nice faggy pics you chose too btw. But remember...*he's* the bottom. ;)

Memories of Paradise my ASS.

Holy shit. I can't stop laughing.

Jason and Brandy said...

B,

You're so much more than an inane professor to me. That's called love.

Rach,

Thank you! No, I haven't read his book of essays, though I may get to that quickly since I've heard so much good about him.

Daya,

What can I say. I'm flattered. Bottom, top -- what does it matter to you?

-j