Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Word to Your Mother

Good afternoon ladies and gents.

First off, I need to thank Daya for keeping my wife modest last week despite her intentions otherwise. I’m glad someone is around to keep her from ripping her clothes off.

* * *

Writing is such a funny thing. I get five poems accepted by foam:e for their March 2008 issue. I’m always uber-pleased to have that much work appearing in any one venue. On a side note, the two publications that I had to withdraw poems from (this was a sim sub, as always) were very understanding and one even asked when/where she’d be able to view the poems. So I’ll definitely resubmit.

Then I get rejections from Rattle, jubilat, and Barn Owl Review (nice note from one editor). Sigh, I’m going in circles. Especially with Rattle as I don’t feel like I’m any closer to getting in there. It does help a little that Tim has implied the editor isn’t as open as he would like toward experimental work, but doesn’t every poet hope to be the one who redefines genres while simultaneously redefining them? (Nod to Bender & Beck in Futurama.)

* * *

Pardon me – I don’t mean to be the sad, pity-party poet.

* * *

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 is eating my soul. But so long as peeps keep eating my overpriced amusement park food, it’s a fine trade off.

* * *

Going to Charleston tonight to pick up some tailored slacks (they don’t make’m in tall sizes) and b-day shop for B. I can’t convince her to post for whatever reason. But she’s got plenty of stories to tell you, from my grandparents giving her some house coats that are straight up phat to Uno drinking her orange juice to her argument with the Dean of the Communication’s Department at OU.

Be good y’all,

-j

2 comments:

Rachel Mallino said...

I'm convinced that I will NEVER get into Rattle despite my eager and numerous attempts. Rattle is the boy who will never love me. *sigh*

Jason and Brandy said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm gay for Rattle and it's getting me no where.

-j